After sitting back and watching these college basketball players
take the spotlight for a while, I decided that a 64-person tournament
is a great idea. Please send me your best SWS wrestlers that
you want to be entered into the tournament I'm starting. Who
needs March Madness when you've got SWS Madness?! Here are some
of the rules.
- Each person can only send in two wrestlers.
- There will be a short "ranking" round in which
I will have five random cards or so to rank the wrestlers 1 to
32 (or 1 to 64, etc).
- Short results will be posted for these ranking matches but
not the whole match.
- Depending on how many people join, there will be a 32 or
64-man tournament and a set of probably around sixteen matches
will take place the first week, with a set of matches each week.
- There will be four divisions whose names are undecided yet.
After the "ranking round", the first place wrestler
will be ranked 1 in the first division, the second place wrestler
will be ranked 1 in the second division, and so on. So the fifth
place wrestler would end up 2 in the first division, the sixth
place would end up 2 in the second division, etc.
- In these divisions, 1 will play 8, 2 will play 7, 3 will
play 6, and 4 will play 5. Divisions will be reranked after all
those matches are done so the highest ranked will go against
the lowest ranked wrestler left in his division for the next
round. It's just like in NHL playoffs.
- Lastly, you don't really need to worry about all these rankings
and stuff - just send me your wrestlers today!
- Send one or two SWS wrestlers to me via email. Please DO
NOT include them as a file attachment. Instead, email me the
Copy and paste the below form and fill it out and send it
to me to join the tournament.
(divide 100 pts between four categories)
% of time that setup is done before finisher:
Email the form to Burnzy1012@aol.com!
I hope you enjoy the tournament!